Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 2 Morning

"How do you currently use technology in the classroom?"

Being the geek and gadget freak that I am, I'm always seeking new ways to integrate technology into my instruction. Currently I do the following:

  • My classroom website is: http://www.nerdscience.com
  • I use media-rich PowerPoint prentations with each section in Biology.
  • The most exciting technology I use is the Qwizdom Classroom Response System. This is an interactive system where each student is given a remote that they use to respond to questions that I pose either orally or on-screen. Their remotes interact with my classroom computer and both I and they get immediate feedback on their responses. It's great for quizzes and even better for test/exam reviews! It's a wonderful assessment tool and the students beg me to use it.
  • I use a variety of interactive websites and encourage my students to use emerging "Web 2.0" technologies.
  • I play music for my students streamed through my classroom stereo system via my Zune or stream it via Pandora.com.
  • I use my Dell Axim occasionally for typical PDA functions.
  • I host a "Games Club" meeting in my classroom where students bring in their Playstations, X-Box, etc. and play games after school.
Technology is so much fun!

-Lucas

No comments: